Jul 05 2008
Why do we have the most unique, and exciting trips and tours?. It’s because YOU decide what you would like to do or visit. Again we have listened to our customers, and thanks to all your feedback we have created yet another unique experience. I say experience, because it is just that, it’s not a trip or a tour, we are giving you the chance to experience what it was like to be a Cro Magnon about 35.000 years ago.
You will spend 3 days and 2 nights living as a Cro Magnon, you will sleep in (a) real prehistoric cave(s), you will be dressed in clothes made of hide and fur just like a real Cro Magnon, you will fish using a traditional (made by yourself ) fishing harpoon, you will have to find and prepare your food with tools made by yourself, you will be taught how to make your own fire, and how to survive using the same methods our ancestors used 1000′s of years ago.
You will hunt** and gather food as a team. This is the closest you will ever get to basics, and you will be talking about this experience for the rest of your life… Guaranteed !!
- You will be stripped of ALL modern day mod cons, and will start the experience with only the Cro Magnon clothes we supply you with.
- Your “home” for 3 days and 2 nights will be in caves situated in 30 Hectares of (private) rugged land
- Your “Guide” will teach you everything you will need to know, and more, on how to “become” and survive as a Cro Magnon
- You will hunt, fish and gather food, but the hunting will be symbolic, NO real animals will be killed, all the animals will be fake, but you will still have to find and hunt them, and you will be supplied with the real stuff ( venison, wild boar, rabbit and pigeon) depending on what fake animals you kill. The fish however will be real, but limited to one fish per person per day.
- You will be taught everything about our ancestors the Cro Magnon, and why and how they settled in this region, and putting an end to the Neanderthal existence.
This experience is ideal for the whole family, but we have put a minimum age of 12 for the kids. The groups will be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8.
I’m afraid this experience is not suitable for vegetarians.
This experience will be for September and October 2008, and as of 2009 it will be April, May, June,September and October